LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR THE BAYONNE BRIDGE,
HOLLAND TUNNEL, LINCOLN TUNNEL AND GOETHALS BRIDGE
The Bayonne Bridge, Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel and Goethals Bridge will institute lane closings this weekend and/or next week due to ongoing construction and repair projects.
The closings, scheduled in conjunction with other regional agencies to minimize traffic impacts, are as follows:
• The bridge will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, October 21, through 7 p.m. Sunday, October 23.
• Overnight bridge closures are scheduled for Monday, October 24, through Thursday, October 27, from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning. On certain weekdays, the bridge will open at 4:30 a.m. to provide an alternate route for drivers affected by the 4:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. traffic holds on the Goethals Bridge.
• Full closures are scheduled for Monday, October 24, through Friday, October 28, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• For Staten Island residents: Overnight closures of Richmond Terrace between Nicholas Avenue and Morningstar Road will take place Mondays through Saturdays, from 9 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning, for the next several weeks. During this time, residents will have local access to Newark Avenue and John Street. These closures are required to safely allow for overhead roadway installation.
• One westbound lane in the Holland Tunnel will close during overnight hours from Sunday, October 23, through Thursday, October 27, from 11:59 p.m. each night through 5:30 a.m. the following morning. These closures are necessary for ongoing tunnel repairs.
• On Sunday, October 23, westbound traffic through the tunnel will be held for 30 minutes, beginning at 7:15 a.m., to accommodate the Bike MS NYC 2016 event.
• All eastbound lanes on the tunnel’s helix will close from 11:59 p.m. Sunday, October 23, through 5 a.m. Monday, October 24. These closures are necessary for the replacement of toll collection equipment.
• Beginning 5 a.m. Monday, October 24, two of the tunnel’s 14 toll lanes will close for approximately two weeks for necessary replacement of toll collection equipment. Travel patterns will be adjusted to direct drivers to alternate lanes. Lanes within the tunnel will not be affected by the toll lane closures.
• A ramp connecting westbound traffic from the Goethals Bridge to Relocated Bayway in Elizabeth, N.J. will close from 11:59 p.m. Sunday, October 23, through 3 a.m. the following morning. The ramp will then close on Monday, October 24, through Wednesday, October 26, from 10 p.m. each night to 3 a.m. the following morning. These closures are necessary to accommodate work on the Goethals Bridge Replacement Program.