JERSEY CITY, NJ – Hudson County Democratic Organization Chair candidate and Jersey City Board of Education member Amy DeGise is announcing that she will have the support of a broad group of local Democrats in the election to lead the county party. Highlighted by North Bergen Mayor and State Senator Nicholas Sacco, U.S. Representative Albio Sires, Bayonne Mayor Jimmy Davis and, of course, her father Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise, the endorsers collectively represent hundreds of committee votes.
“I’m so proud to have the support of some of the most important leaders in our county who all recognize the need to bring progressive new leadership to the Hudson County Democratic Organization,” said DeGise, who officially announced her campaign for Chair yesterday. “Over the next four weeks I will be working non-stop to secure additional support from committee members.”
Amy DeGise for County Chair’s supporters include:
– North Bergen Mayor and State Senator Nicholas Sacco
– Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise
– U.S. Representative Albio Sires
– Bayonne Mayor Jimmy Davis
– Kearny Mayor Al Santos
– Harrison Mayor James Fife
– East Newark Mayor Joe Smith
– Secaucus Mayor Mike Gonnelli
– Jersey City Council members Rich Boggiano and Michael Yun, former Councilman Steve Lipski, former Mayor Jerremiah Healy, former Assemblyman Sean Connors, former Assemblywoman Joan Quigley
– West New York Commissioners Cosmo Cirillo, Margarita Guzman and Gabriel Rodriguez, Assemblywoman Angelica Jimenez, Freeholder Caridad Rodriguez
– Hoboken Council President Ruben Ramos, Councilwomen Jen Giattino and Tiffany Fisher
Additional supporters will be announced soon
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.