Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) will be one of eight United States Senators working on an in-depth immigration reform plan, The Huffington Post reports.
The senators will proceed President Barack Obama’s speech on immigration set for Tuesday.
The committee is comprised of four Democratic Senators and four Republican Senators and Menendez, a former Union City mayor, is happy with the direction discussions are moving in according to an interview on ABC News’ “This Week” program.
“Very clearly, having a pathway to earned legalization is an essential element. And I think that we are largely moving in that direction as an agreement,” he said.
According to a draft agreement written by the committee, immigrants will have to pass two background checks, pay taxes, learn English and have a job, among other things, before they can apply for permanent residency in the United States.
“”Once the enforcement measures have been completed, individuals with probationary legal status will be required to go to the back of the line of prospective immigrants, pass an additional background check, pay taxes, learn English and civics, demonstrate a history of work in the United States, and current employment, among other requirements, in order to earn the opportunity to apply for lawful permanent residency,” the agreement says.
“Those individuals who successfully complete these requirements can eventually earn a green card.”
The other senators involved in the initiative are Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) will join with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.)
I think it is time for the senator to leave considering his investigation with the FBI on his behavior with an underage girl.
According to the Fox News report says: “The supposed source in all this goes by the name of Peter Williams. The individual did not return a request for comment from FoxNews.com.
According to email exchanges posted online, Williams has over the past year discussed his claims with the FBI, CREW and a producer with ABC News. The emails show CREW passing the case to the FBI, and a purported FBI agent in Miami reaching out to Williams in August.
The purported FBI agent, in the emails, expressed interest in speaking with the women, as well as meeting with Peter Williams.
It’s unclear whether the meeting took place. The agent in late November emailed about traveling to the Dominican Republic, but Williams subsequently wrote about “setbacks.” As of a December exchange, the FBI agent was still requesting a meeting with the source.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/fbi-mum-on-claim-sen-menendez-saw-prostitutes-in-dominican-republic/#ixzz2JMz2uZaq”
This are still allegations and no valid source, CREW no longer investigating.
Great Job, reiterating the finer points of a “news report”
How about digging a little further.
Nothing is going to happen to Bob, since he’s untouhable at this point in his career.
But don’t dilute yourself or any of the honest people on this board into believing that the allegations are meritless.
CREW is scared of having any involvement in the investigation, as well as the ABC journalist that expressed interest in the story.
The primary source documents and their attendant website are already being SEOed into oblivion.
When an FBI agent with an email address tells you “everything you’ve told us so far, checks out” there really is no more argument as far as “allegations” are concerned.
Do your homework.
Yeah right it’s about time, we have all these illegals running
around working and receiving cash and they never pay one dime
Menendez is like leaving the fox watch the chicken coop a real phony
FBI Raids Doctor that provided Menendez Prostitutes
Part 2 of the media black out. I bet none of our local channels bother to cover this story, even now.