HOBOKEN – Within the last month Hoboken Police Department has made several arrests of individuals who were stealing packages from buildings. Although these individuals are now incarcerated, Hoboken Police Department wants tenants to know that there are things that they can do to help prevent this from happening in the future.
- Do not let anyone who rings the bell enter the building without confirming their identity.
- Any resident who is entering should not allow anyone else inside the building who is not a resident.
- There should be an arrangement made with the delivery services, such as UPS or FedEx, to have the packages left in a secured area that is only accessible to the tenants or building management.
- If there is anyone wandering inside or outside the property and the tenant is not familiar with them, immediately notify police. Do not confront this individual or anyone else that they may be with.
- Tenants should speak with landlords or management companies about properly securing all access doors to the buildings.