Hudson County Prepares For More Snow This Weekend

harrison

BAYONNE – Cities in Hudson County are taking the necessary steps to prepare for the expected snow this weekend. 

“Right now we are working on trying to remove as much snow as possible from the roads before the next storm so it doesn’t build up. We had crews out last night and they are out there today doing the same things,” said Andrew Casais, Chief of Staff for Bayonne.

The National Weather Service issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook this morning stating that periods of snow are possible Saturday night into Tuesday, with a potential accumulation of 8 inches or more of snow. According to their website, a 40% chance of snow is possible late Saturday with temperatures in the upper 20’s. Throughout the weekend there is a 60% change of light snow with temperatures ranging from the 30’s to the mid 20’s.

Harrison has been consistently working on snow removal and will be removing snow from Essex St., Bergen St., Sussex St., and Warrant St. tonight from 5-11 p.m. Harrison posted the following reminder to their residents on their website: 

We wish to remind all resident that Harrison Avenue and Frank E Rogers Boulevard are designated snow routes. We ask that all residents follow the no parking rules when these roads are snow covered. Daily postings for snow removal will be in place on secondary streets 24 hours in advance. Please have vehicles moved during the times posted in your area. The Harrison Police will be enforcing all NO PARKING regulations. If you have any questions please call 973 268 2296. 

1 COMMENT