Initiative aims to reduce crime with affordable, easy-to-use, and effective smart home security
NORTH BERGEN, NJ — The North Bergen Police Department today announced its partnership with Ring as well as a joint subsidy program funded by the Nicholas J. Sacco Foundation that will provide discounts for local residents who wish to purchase select home security devices. During the subsidy program period beginning August 5 at 8:00am, North Bergen residents will have the opportunity to receive a $100 discount code funded by the Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit founded by Mayor Sacco, as well the North Bergen Police Benevolent Association and Ring. These subsidies will enable 60 residents to participate in the program on a first-come-first-served basis.
“North Bergen has been ranked as the safest city in Hudson County and one of the safest in the country by independent studies, but that doesn’t mean we are going to stop working to make sure every single resident can feel safe in our community,” said Mayor Sacco. “This exciting partnership with Ring is one of many ways NBPD is using new technology to make North Bergen safer, and I’m glad that the Nicholas J. Sacco Foundation can assist in funding the program. I would like to thank Public Safety Commissioner Allen Pascual, Chief Robert Dowd and his team for always keeping our police department on the cutting edge of public safety.”
“We’re excited to partner with the North Bergen Police Department to make our doorbells and cameras available to local residents at an even more affordable cost,” said Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring. “Even without a Ring device, North Bergen residents can connect with one another and stay up-to-date on local crime and safety information by downloading the free Neighbors App by Ring. When neighbors, the Ring team and local leaders all work together, we can create safer communities and reduce crime in neighborhoods.”
How Ring Works
Ring Video Doorbells and security devices connect to the user’s smartphone or tablet via the
free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the motion sensor is activated or
if someone rings their doorbell, or they can choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any
time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to
save their Ring videos to view or share them at a later time.
How to Participate
● The promotional period for the program begins August 5, 8:00am and will run until September 19 or until the funding limit is reached.
● To participate in the program, residents must apply with their shipping address via an application to be posted on the township website.
● Ring will then provide discount codes to eligible residents via email once daily, Monday- Friday at 3:00pm PT.
● Promotional codes can only be redeemed at checkout at Ring.com. Please note that addresses will be verified to ensure the location is within township limits.
● North Bergen residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices at $100 off of the retail price:
○ Ring Door View Cam
○ Ring Video Doorbell 2
○ Ring Video Doorbell Pro
○ Ring Spotlight Cam Solar
○ Ring Spotlight Cam Battery
○ Ring Spotlight Cam Wired
○ Ring Spotlight Cam Solar
○ Ring Stick Up Cam Battery
○ Ring Stick Up Cam Wired
○ Ring Floodlight Cam
○ Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
● Subsidy discount codes are limited to one per household and cannot be re-used or applied towards previously purchased Ring products.
● Residents have the option to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring Service.
● For more information about Ring’s Subsidy Match Program, please review our Program FAQ
● For more information about Ring’s products, please visit Ring.com/products.
**For more information about the subsidy program, please email Info@NorthBergenPD.com.
Ring’s mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around
homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring
product line , along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com . With Ring, you’re always home.
Nicholas J. Sacco Foundation