Traffic Advisory: Multiple Road Closures in North Bergen
NORTH BERGEN- Local authorities have issued a traffic alert for several streets in North Bergen due to unforeseen circumstances. Residents and commuters are advised to be aware of the following road closures and detours:
- 40th Street: The stretch east of Liberty Avenue is currently closed to all traffic. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
- 78th Street: This street is closed in the westbound direction at Kennedy Blvd. Drivers heading west are urged to use detours.
- West Side Avenue: The southbound right lane of West Side Avenue is closed from 76th to 73rd Street. Additionally, the northbound lanes are closed from 56th to 59th Street. However, the southbound lanes will maintain one lane open for traffic in each direction.
- Newkirk Avenue: A section of Newkirk Avenue is closed at 67th Street. Furthermore, Newkirk Avenue is also closed between 58th and 61st Street.
- 58th Street: This street is currently closed between Kennedy Blvd and Newkirk Avenue.
Local police are on the scene, managing traffic and ensuring the safety of all road users. The reasons for these closures have not been specified, but the public is urged to exercise caution, plan their routes in advance, and allow extra travel time.
Stay tuned to local news outlets for further updates.
This article is based on a media advisory issued by North Bergen Police Department on twitter.com