This article was first reported by News12NewJersey
Escaped Prisoner Alert: Stay Vigilant and Safe
Hudson County residents are urged to exercise caution following reports of an escaped prisoner, Danelo Cavalcante, who is believed to be armed and dangerous. Cavalcante, a convicted murderer, was recently spotted approximately an hour away from New Jersey.
- Prisoner: Danelo Cavalcante, 34, convicted for the fatal stabbing of an ex-girlfriend in 2021.
- Last Seen: Cavalcante was last seen in a suburb in the Chester area of Pennsylvania. Authorities have been on his trail for nearly two weeks since his escape.
- Escape Details: Cavalcante managed to break out of the Chester County Prison by scaling a wall, climbing over razor wire, and making a daring rooftop escape. His absence went unnoticed for over an hour.
- Current Status: Pennsylvania State Police have advised residents in the vicinity to lock their doors and windows, secure their vehicles, and remain indoors. They have also emphasized the importance of not approaching Cavalcante and immediately calling 911 if he is spotted.
- Reward: U.S. authorities have announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to Cavalcante’s capture, highlighting the gravity of the situation.
Given the proximity to Hudson County, residents are advised to stay alert, ensure the safety of their homes and surroundings, and report any suspicious activity to the police.
Stay safe, and let’s look out for one another.
Source: News 12 New Jersey.