Secaucus Police Department: A Week of Arrests and Incidents
Secaucus, NJ – The Secaucus Police Department has been actively addressing various incidents and making arrests in the past week, from September 25th to October 1st, 2023. Here’s a detailed breakdown:
- Outstanding Warrant Arrest in Passaic: On September 26th, at 7:44 PM, officers from the Secaucus Police Department traveled to the Passaic Police Department to arrest Angel Collado, a 41-year-old male from Passaic, NJ. Collado had an outstanding warrant from Secaucus, with a bail set at $600. Unable to post bail, he was transported to the Hudson County Jail.
- Hit and Run Incident Leads to DWI Arrest: Later on September 26th, at 10:59 PM, officers responded to a hit and run report at the Sunoco Gas Station on Route 3 East. The investigation led them to the Rodeway Inn in Jersey City, where they arrested Vanesa Guaman, a 41-year-old female from Kearny, NJ, for Driving While Intoxicated. Guaman faced additional motor vehicle summonses and was later released to a responsible adult.
- Morning DWI and Drug Possession: On the morning of September 27th, officers were called to Union Beer Distributors on Meadowlands Parkway. They found Jake Kaniszewski, a 27-year-old from Wallington, NJ, asleep in his car. He was arrested for DWI and possession of a controlled substance believed to be Amphetamine. He was transported to the Hudson County Jail after receiving multiple summonses.
- Robbery Investigation Leads to Juvenile Arrest: An ongoing investigation into a robbery that occurred on February 28th, 2023, at 18 Millridge Road culminated in the arrest of a 15-year-old male from Union City on September 27th. The juvenile faced multiple charges, including aggravated assault and robbery. He was later transported to the Essex County Juvenile Detention Center.
- Multiple Warrants Lead to Arrest: On September 29th, officers went to the Lodi Police Department to arrest Kevin Guzman, a 31-year-old from Franklin Lakes, NJ. Guzman had three outstanding warrants from Secaucus and additional warrants from other jurisdictions. Unable to post bail, he was taken to the Hudson County Jail.
- Shoplifting at Walmart: Later on September 29th, officers responded to a shoplifting report at Walmart on Park Plaza Drive. Two females, Didina Olteanu, 21, and Marinela Baboi, 25, both from Roselle, NJ, were arrested for shoplifting and conspiracy. Both were released after receiving summonses.
- Drug Possession and Shoplifting at Sam’s Club: On September 30th, officers were called to Sam’s Club on Park Plaza Drive. They arrested Darryl Thornhill, a 46-year-old from Queens, NY, and Darren Bird, a 61-year-old from New York, NY. Both faced drug possession charges, with Bird also facing multiple shoplifting charges from previous incidents.
- Outstanding Warrant Arrest at Walmart: Later on September 30th, officers arrested Mackenzie Felton, a 25-year-old from Jersey City, NJ, at Walmart on Park Plaza Drive. Felton had an outstanding warrant from Jersey City and was released after posting bail.
- Shoplifting and Drug Possession at Home Depot: On October 1st, officers responded to a shoplifting report at Home Depot on Paterson Plank Road. They arrested Antonio Martinez-Cruz, a 45-year-old from Union City, NJ, on multiple charges, including shoplifting and drug possession. He was released after receiving a summons.
The Secaucus Police Department continues to ensure the safety and security of its residents. All individuals arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.