A major snow storm is in effect for the Northeast Monday through Tuesday night, possibly lingering into Wednesday morning. Parts of the region will see blizzard conditions and more than 2 feet of snow. We are expected to see snow showers as early as 5 a.m. tomorrow with snow and wind throughout the day. Heavy snow will begin around 10 p.m. with a snowfall rate of more than 2 inches per hour. Total accumulation is estimated at more than 1 foot.
These types of storms may cause loss of electricity, heat, and telephone service and you may be stuck in your home for a few days so it’s important you have the necessary supplies.
Now is the time to prepare for this potentially historic blizzard.
- Avoid traveling
- Damaging winds & flooding possible
- Keep your car’s gas tank full so the fuel line does not freeze
- Conserve fuel, if necessary, by keeping your house cooler than normal.
- Charge electronic devices incase of power loss
- Radio for weather updates and emergency information
- Bottled Water
- Canned Food
- Can Opener
- Baby Supplies
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Warm Clothing
- Pet Supplies