A New Jersey Department of Transportation sewer line leak is currently being repaired. Drivers are advised to avoid the area of Route 440 at the Jersey City – Bayonne border..
The Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority is on site to help the DOT resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
- Rt. 440 closed at Society Hill Drive – All northbound traffic diverted into Bayonne
- Rt. 440 southbound closed at the Culver Avenue jug handle – Northbound traffic diverted to Culver Avenue
- Rt. 440 S. at Carbon place closed to southbound traffic
- Danforth Avenue at Westside Avenue closed – Traffic diverted north on West Side Avenue
- Residents can access Society Hill from Society Hill Drive via Rt. 440 northbound