Beginning on Monday, Oct. 25, the City will offer all three types of booster shots through partnerships between the Hoboken Health Department and local providers, following this week’s authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.) Further, eligible individuals can now choose which booster they would like to receive. The CDC’s recommendations now allow for mix and match dosing for booster shots meaning an individual can choose to have a different brand of booster shot than the brand of vaccine they received initially.
“It is critical that we continue to curtail the spread of COVID-19 to protect our friends, family, and loved ones from the virus and the Delta variant,” said Mayor Ravi S. Bhalla. “The best way to prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death is to get vaccinated and, if you are eligible, to increase your protection with a booster shot. We must all work together to end this pandemic, and these booster shots are the latest tool we have to do so. I encourage everyone eligible to get a booster shot as soon as possible. Thank you to all those who have already been vaccinated and thank you to the Hoboken Health Department and our local partners for making it easy for these individuals who are eligible to get their booster shot.”
Next week, the Hoboken Health Department and Hoboken Family Pharmacy will begin offering Moderna and Johnson & Johnson booster shots at pop-up clinics in the community rooms of senior buildings.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 25 at:
- Marion Towers at 400 First Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Columbian Towers at 76 Bloomfield Street from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 at:
- Monroe Gardens at 221 Jackson Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Adams Gardens at 220 Adams Street from 1 am to 4 pm.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 at:at
- 1 Marineview Plaza Community Room from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 5 Church Towers from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 28 at:
- The Hoboken Community Center (Food Pantry entrance) at 1301 Washington Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Columbian Arms at 514 Madison Street, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 29 at:
- Fox Hill at 311 13th Street from 9 a.m. to 12p.m.
Those eligible to receive a Moderna booster shot include:
- Individuals 65 years old and older who received the full course of the Moderna vaccine at least six months ago
- Individuals age 18+ who live in long-term care settings and received their full course of the Moderna vaccine six months ago
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions and received their full course of the Moderna vaccine six months ago
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings and received their full course of the Moderna vaccine six months ago
Those eligible for a Johnson & Johnson booster shot must be 18 years old or older and they must have been vaccinated two or more months ago.
To increase booster shot accessibility for senior residents, the pop-up clinics in residential buildings will be open to senior residents who do not reside in the building.
Through a partnership with Medicine Man Pharmacy and Compounding the City will also host two vaccine clinics at 605 Jackson St. and 601 Jackson St. to offer all three types of booster shots to those eligible.
The vaccine clinics are scheduled for Monday, Oct. 25, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 601 Jackson St. and on Tuesday, Oct. 26, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 605 Jackson St.
Anyone who works, lives, or goes to school in Hoboken can get vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Third doses for immunocompromised individuals who are fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna are available, and now, all those eligible can get their booster shot. No appointment is necessary!
Those seeking a booster shot must bring their vaccine card.
Hoboken continues to offer COVID-19 testing with local providers several days per week at 605 Jackson St.
For a full schedule of testing clinics or to make an appointment to get tested go to, www.hobokennj.gov/testing. Appointments are required.
For a list of pharmacy locations offering COVID-19 vaccines, go to www.hobokennj.gov/vaccine.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to email@example.com with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.