Hoboken Man with Warrants Faces assault charges after becoming ‘combative’ with Police

Arrestee: Hakeem High 29 y/o Male from Hoboken, NJ 07030

Arrest Location: 308 Willow Avenue Hoboken, NJ 07030

Arrest Date & Time: 06/13/20 at 4:31 AM

Offense Date & Time: 05/30/20 at 10:59 PM

Offense: Aggravated Assault, Possession of Weapon for Unlawful Purpose, Unlawful Possession of Weapons, and Riot

Officers: P.O. Shelby Seickendick and P.O. Ryan Houghton


Incident Detail: On Saturday, May 30, 2020, at about 10:59 PM, Officer Shelby Seickendick was pulled over in her marked patrol car and was speaking to a resident of the Hoboken Housing authority, when she heard an unknown individual within a group say that they were going to start a riot. The resident Officer Seickendick was talking to walked away and within seconds someone from the group through a glass bottle at Officer Seickendick, the glass bottle landed by her driver side door. Officer Seickendick pulled away and was told by her command to stay out of the area for now. Officer Seickendick was not injured and no further incident was reported from the group. Detective Michael Losurdo and Officer Ryan Houghton immediately investigated the incident and identified two males involved. Detective Losurdo and Officer Houghton, through their investigation, learned that two glass bottles were thrown at Officer Seickendick by two separate males. The first male identified was Hakeem High 29 y/o Male from Hoboken, NJ 07030 and the second male identified was Bilal Gilyard 19 y/o Male from Hoboken, NJ. They were both charged with Aggravated Assault, Possession of Weapon for Unlawful Purpose, Unlawful Possession of Weapons, and Riot. Both High and Gilyard’s charges were placed on warrants.


On June 13, 2020, at about 4:31 AM Hakeem High was at Hoboken University Medical Center being treated for injuries he sustained from a physical altercation that occurred in the area of 5th and Jackson Street. As a result of the altercation, Hakeem High was charged with Disorderly Conduct.  Once High was medically cleared, Officer John Herman, Officer Christopher Barral, and Officer Joseph Spano advised High that he was being placed under arrest for the above mentioned warrant and Disorderly Conduct. High resisted by putting a mobile medicine cabinet between himself and the officers. Once the officers removed the barrier they attempted to place handcuffs on High. High continued to resist by using force against the arresting officers and making threats. Once High was placed in handcuffs he was transported to police headquarters for processing. At headquarters High refused to be fingerprinted and photographed. High was additionally charged with Aggravated Assault on Police Officers, Terroristic Threats, and Refusal to be Fingerprinted and Photographed. High was committed to the Hudson County Correctional Facility.


Defendant is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.



Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.