Hoboken Mayor Ravi Bhalla today announced pop-up COVID-19 updated booster clinics following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorization of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 bivalent vaccine. The pop-up clinics will begin on Thursday, September 15, for all those eligible.
“Ensuring that our most vulnerable residents have access to the newly updated COVID-19 booster and seasonal flu vaccine is critical as we head towards the fall and winter holidays,” said Mayor Bhalla. “Thank you to Hoboken Family Pharmacy for working with the Hoboken Health Department to bring the updated boosters to our seniors.”
Starting on Thursday, September 15, the Hoboken Health Department and Hoboken Family Pharmacy will begin offering flu vaccines and updated COVID-19 boosters to eligible individuals, 12 years old or older, who received their COVID-19 vaccine or booster at least two months ago. The Hoboken Health Department and Hoboken Family Pharmacy will be in the community rooms of each of the following buildings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Residents do not need to live in the building to get a booster or flu shot.
The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, Sept. 15, Marion Towers at 400 First Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 16, Fox Hills at 311 13th Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 19, 5 Church Towers from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, Monroe Gardens at 221 Jackson Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, Adams Gardens at 220 Adams Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 22, 1 Marine View Plaza from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 23, Columbian Towers at 76 Bloomfield Street from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Those seeking an updated COVID-19 booster shot must bring their vaccine card.