The Hudson County Board of Commissioners have awarded $2,070,100 from the Hudson County Homelessness Trust Fund to numerous organizations countywide. Recipients of funds include:
- North Hudson Community Action Corporation, $465,811
- CCAN, $403,900
- County Welfare (Office of Social Services) $273,759
- Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation, $267,964
- Hoboken Shelter, $228,116
- Let’s Celebrate, $40,250
- PERC, $250,000
- Hudson County Division of Housing and Community Development, $140,300
In 2016, over a thousand people were counted as homeless in Hudson County. That’s when the County developed a 10-year plan to end homelessness. The purpose of the program is to provide services that include medical care, essential support services and social services programs.
The County of Hudson established the Hudson County Homelessness Trust Fund to be utilized to address the needs of homeless persons. A surcharge of $3.00 will be assessed for each document filed or recorded in the County Register’s and County Clerk’s Office, which will be used exclusively for the Trust Fund.
A Hudson County Homelessness Trust Fund Advisory Board has been appointed by County Executive Tom DeGise and approved by the Board of Commissioners.
The term of the grant is January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.