Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise and the Board of Chosen Freeholders have announced that the application period for the Eviction Prevention Program will begin on August 24 at 8 a.m. and continue through September 2 at 5 p.m.
If you are facing eviction or are unable to pay your rent, help may be available to you through this program.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a Hudson County resident
- Must show the need for rental assistance is due to COVID-19
- Tenant must have been current on rent as of March 1 of this year
- Must document ability to rent after assistance is provided
- Household income must fall below the following income limits: – – $55,250 for one person household – $63,150 for two person household – $71,050 for three person household – $78,900 for four person household – $85,250 for five person household – $91,550 for six person household – $97,850 for seven person household – $104,150 for eight person household To apply, visit CARES.HCNJ.US and click register at the top right to create an account. If you are unable to apply electronically, you may visit the Hudson County Division of Welfare in person at 257 Cornelison Avenue in Jersey City. You must bring a copy of your lease, documentation that you are facing eviction, if it’s available, and documentation of all your sources of income. For additional information, just call (201) 395-4799.