March 13, 2020
In consultation with our Health Department and County Superintendent, The Hudson County Schools of Technology will close school buildings to students and initiate virtual learning effective Monday, March 16, 2020 – Friday, March 20, 2020. We will reassess this developing and unpredictable situation on a weekly basis and keep you informed.
Virtual learning will be available to all students via Google Classroom. Our faculty has developed a comprehensive plan for home instruction to support the continuity of learning. Instructional staff has made preparations to support virtual learning through Google Classroom, a platform familiar to everyone in our school district.
Guidelines for Home Instruction:
- ● Instructors will be available through Google platforms (classroom and district email) daily (Monday-Friday) between 9:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- ● Students are expected to check in daily and complete assignments to receive credit for both attendance and coursework.
- ● While students are expected to check in between 9:00 am and 1:30 pm, they are encouraged to work at their own pace.
- ● Staff and instructors will respond to students between 9:00 am and 1:30 pm on regular school days VIA EMAIL and GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
- ● Instruction will vary from class to class, as teachers will use the delivery method of instruction most appropriate to support virtual learning in their particular subject.
- ● Deadlines and expectations will be made clear on assignments posted on GOOGLE CLASSROOM. Students should address all questions and concerns with their instructors.
- ● Guidance and Child Study Team Members are available via email.
This is a great time for students to:
- ● Focus on projects
- ● Utilize online resources for remediation and independent learning
- ● Utilize Naviance for college and career planning / exploration
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.