Some traffic safety improvements are coming to various County roads in Hudson County. The Board of Chosen Freeholders has approved the following upgrades for North Bergen, Union City, Jersey City and Hoboken:
- Traffic calming devices, delineators, will be installed at 7108 John F. Kennedy Blvd. in North Bergen.
- Similar traffic calming devices, delineators, will also be placed on Kennedy Blvd. between 20th and 21st Streets in North Bergen and Union City.
- A traffic control signal will be installed on a portion of Bergen Turnpike at the intersection of 43rd Street / Liberty Avenue in North Bergen.
- A traffic calming device, Thermoplastic Rumble Strips, will be placed at the intersection of John F. Kennedy Blvd. on Paterson Street and at Congress Street in Jersey City.
- No Turn on Red signs will be placed at the intersection of John F. Kennedy Blvd. and Glenwood Avenue in Jersey City.
- Finally, No Turn on Red signs will be placed on Observer Highway and Henderson Street in Hoboken.
All of the improvements are being done in accordance with the New Jersey Department of Transportation’s standards to protect motorists and pedestrians.
According to press releases provided by the County, Freeholder Chairman Anthony Vainieri and the members of the Board “are committed to providing the necessary resources needed to reduce traffic congestion, control and lower speed on the roadway to protect the traveling public.”
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.