NJ TRANSIT ENHANCES RAIL SERVICE WITH 36 ADDITIONAL TRAINS
22 New Weekday Trains Aligns Service Levels with Demand; 14 New Weekend Trains on Main/Bergen County Line Improves Service Frequency from Bi-Hourly to Hourly All Day
NEWARK, NJ – Beginning Sunday, November 14, NJ TRANSIT adds nearly two dozen weekday trains and makes other important adjustments to the schedule to offer rail customers additional travel options throughout the system. Customers will see additional trains and additional express service on select lines, as well as improved trip times and connections. Weekend customers on the Main/Bergen County Line will now have hourly service throughout the day on weekends and holidays with the addition of 14 trains to the weekend schedule. The adjustments are designed to add capacity and frequency as service is matched with current ridership patterns. The changes are part of NJ TRANSIT’s regular Fall service adjustments.
“As rail ridership grows and commuting patterns continue to evolve, NJ TRANSIT is committed to delivering a schedule that improves travel times and frequency aligned with customer demand,” said NJ TRANSIT President & CEO Kevin S. Corbett. “Now that we have a full roster of locomotive engineers, we are able to support these kinds of service enhancements to meet the needs of our customers as they return to our system.”
As part of these improvements, 22 weekday trains have been added across the system. The additions enhance service during peak travel times on the Northeast Corridor (NEC), North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL), M&E, Bergen County, and Pascack Valley Lines, improving seating capacity, service frequency and travel times for current customers as well as those returning to the NJ TRANSIT system. Additionally, in response to recovery patterns in off-peak and weekend ridership, weekend service will now operate hourly throughout the day on Saturday, Sunday and holidays on both the Main Line and Bergen County Line with the addition of 14 new trains.
NJ TRANSIT reviews its rail service regularly in order to ensure service continues to operate where demand is greatest.
Northeast Corridor – 4 Trains added
- New – Train 3924 departs Trenton 7:16 a.m. and arrives PSNY at 8:28 a.m.
- New Train 3704 departs Jersey Avenue at 6:00 a.m. and arrives PSNY at 7:02 a.m., making all stops Jersey Ave to Metropark and then express to Newark.
- New Train 3857 departs PSNY at 3:42 p.m. and arrives Trenton at 5:11 p.m., making local stops on NEC.
- New Train 3871 departs PSNY at 5:47 p.m. and arrives Trenton at 7:25 p.m., operating express from Newark to Metropark and then all NEC stops to Trenton.
North Jersey Coast Line – 4 Trains added
- Train 3218 departs Long Branch at 6:12 a.m. and arrives PSNY at 7:42 a.m., making all NJCL stops and then express from Avenel to Newark.
- Train 3508 departs South Amboy at 9:15 a.m. and makes all stops to PSNY.
- Train 3512 departs South Amboy at 6:26 p.m. and makes all stops to PSNY except Avenel.
- Train 3265 departs PSNY at 5:20 p.m., runs express to Avenel and then makes all stops to Long Branch.
Morris & Essex – 4 Trains Added
- Train 6339 from PSNY- Summit will depart PSNY at 3:22 p.m., making stops at Newark Broad St., Brick Church, Orange, South Orange, Maplewood, Millburn and Summit.
- Train 643 departs Hoboken at 4:35 p.m., making stops at Newark Broad St., Brick Church, Orange, South Orange, Maplewood, Millburn, Summit and then all stops to Dover.
- Train 339 departs Hoboken at 6:07 p.m., making all stops to Millburn and terminating at Summit.
- Train 330 departs Summit at 5:38 p.m., making stops from Maplewood to Hoboken.
Pascack Valley Line – 2 Trains Added, New Weekday Morning Service Pattern
- Train 1616 departing Spring Valley at 7:39 a.m. will now operate as an express to Hoboken, stopping at Spring Valley, Nanuet, Pearl River, Park Ridge, Hillsdale, Emerson, and River Edge only.
- New Train 1618 departing Spring Valley at 7:48 a.m. will serve all other PVL stations in New Jersey, arriving in Hoboken at 8:55 a.m.
- New Train 1621 departing Hoboken at 3:00 p.m. will operate express to River Edge and then all stops to Spring Valley.
Main/Bergen County Line
Weekdays: 8 Trains Added
- Train 1146 Bergen County Line departing Suffern at 5:30 a.m. and arriving Hoboken at 6:37 a.m.
- Train 1155 Bergen County Line departing Hoboken at 12:39 p.m. to Suffern.
- Train 1272 Bergen County Line departing Waldwick at 2:16 p.m. and arriving Hoboken at 3:09 p.m.
- Train 1245 Bergen County Line departing Hoboken at 6:53 a.m. to Waldwick.
- Train 1105 Main Line departing Hoboken at 6:58 a.m. to Suffern.
- Train 1177 Bergen County Line departing Hoboken at 8:13 p.m. to Suffern.
- Train 1182 Bergen County Line train departing Ridgewood at 8:34 p.m. and arriving Hoboken at 9:19 p.m.
- Train 1184 Bergen County Line train departing Ridgewood at 9:34 p.m. and arriving Hoboken at 10:19 p.m.
Main/Bergen County Line-Weekends
Bi-hourly service periods on the Main Line and Bergen County Line have been improved to hourly for the entirety of the weekend service day.
7 new Main Line trains have been added
- Train 1709 departing Hoboken at 8:25 a.m., all stops to Suffern
- Train 1713 departing Hoboken at 10:25 a.m., all stops to Suffern
- Train 1721 departing Hoboken at 2:25 p.m., all stops to Suffern
- Train 1733 departing Hoboken at 8:25 p.m., all stops to Suffern
- Train 1801 departing Hoboken at 12:21 a.m., all stops to Ridgewood, local customers may connect at Ridgewood to Train 69 for all stops to Suffern and Port Jervis
- Train 1710 departing Suffern at 10:08 a.m., all stops to Hoboken
- Train 1714 departing Suffern at 12:08 p.m., all stops to Hoboken
Other Important Changes – weekend Main Line
- Train 1735, the 9:15 p.m. Main Line Train to Suffern, is renumbered 1835 and will now terminate at Ridgewood. Local customers may connect at Ridgewood to Train 81 serving all stops to Suffern and Port Jervis.
- Train 1837, the 10:15 p.m. Main Line train to Waldwick, will now terminate at Ridgewood. Local customers may connect at Ridgewood to Bergen County Line Train 1787 for all stops to Suffern.
- Train 1739, the 11:33 p.m. Main Line Train to Suffern, is renumbered 1839, and will now depart at 11:13 p.m. and terminate at Ridgewood. Local customers may connect at Ridgewood to Bergen County Line Train 1789 for all stops to Suffern.
- Train 1822, the 4:33 p.m. Main Line train from Waldwick, will now originate in Suffern as Train 1722 at 4:08 p.m. making all local stops to Hoboken
7 New Bergen County Line trains have been added
- Train 1869 departing Hoboken at 1:17 p.m., all stops to Waldwick
- Train 1881 departing Hoboken at 7:17 p.m., all stops to Waldwick
- Train 1789 departing Hoboken at 11:21 p.m., all stops to Suffern
- Train 1868 departing Waldwick at 2:35 p.m., all stops to Hoboken
- Train 1872 departing Waldwick at 4:35 p.m., all stops to Hoboken
- Train 1880 departing Waldwick at 8:35 p.m., all stops to Hoboken
- Train 1784 departing Suffern at 10:18 p.m. all stops to Hoboke
Port Jervis Line Adjustments
- Train 71 the 9:15 a.m. Hoboken departure, will now depart at 9:20 a.m. and make additional stops at Rutherford, Plauderville, Broadway, Radburn, Glen Rock, and Route 17.
- Train 73, the 11:21 a.m. Hoboken departure, will now depart at 11:20 a.m. and make additional stops at Rutherford, Plauderville, Broadway, Radburn, Glen Rock and Ridgewood.
- Train 74, the 8:37 a.m. Port Jervis departure, will now depart at 8:57 a.m. After Suffern, Train 74 will stop at Route 17, Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Radburn, Broadway, Plauderville, and Rutherford stations only. Main Line stops currently served by Train 76 will be replaced by new train 1710.
- Train 75, the 1:19 p.m. Hoboken departure, will now depart at 1:21 p.m. After Secaucus, Train 75 will now stop at Ridgewood, Allendale, Ramsey, Route 17, Mahwah, and Suffern only, and then make all stops to Port Jervis. Bergen County Line stops currently served by Train 75 will be replaced by new train 1869, departing Hoboken at 1:17 p.m.
- Train 76, the 10:40 a.m. Port Jervis departure, will now depart at 10:57 a.m. After Suffern, Train 76 will stop at Route 17, Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Radburn, Broadway, Plauderville, and Rutherford stations only. Main Line stops currently served by Train 76 will be replaced by new train 1714.
- Train 78, the 3:01 p.m. Port Jervis departure to Hoboken, will now depart at 3:04 p.m. After Suffern, Train 78 will stop at Mahwah, Route 17, Ramsey, Allendale, and Ridgewood only, and then express to Secaucus. Bergen County Line stops currently served by train 78 will be replaced by new Train 1872 departing Waldwick at 4:35 p.m.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 253 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.