North Bergen, NJ – The North Bergen Rent Leveling Board is scheduled to review a significant docket of 22 cases in their upcoming meeting on November 20, 2023. This session, set to take place at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Council Chambers, will address a variety of annual reviews, complaints, and applications for capital improvements, reflecting the diverse range of housing and rental issues within the township.
The agenda for the meeting includes the following cases:
- Case # 167-23: 508 82nd St., Application #2 for Capital Improvement
- Case # 186-23: Complaint at 4308 Smith Ave #4
- Case # 168-23: Annual review for 1209 11th St
- Case # 175-23: Annual review for 7805 Broadway
- Case # 187-23: Annual review for 8710 2nd Ave
- Case # 188-23: Annual review for 8400 3rd Ave
- Case # 189-23: Annual review for 7523 Broadway
- Case # 190-23: Annual review for 6305 Durham
- Case # 191-23: Annual review for 4505 Kennedy Blvd
- Case # 192-23: Annual review for 7328 Kennedy Blvd
- Case # 193-23: Annual review for 8325 Kennedy Blvd
- Case # 194-23: Annual review for Liberty Terrace (1714-1720 41st St, 1801-1807 43rd St, 4105-4127 Liberty Ave)
- Case # 195-23: Annual review for 7604 Park Ave
- Case # 196-23: Annual review for 1023 Paterson Plank Rd
- Case # 197-23: Annual review for 4312 Smith Ave
- Case # 198-23: Annual review for 1138-1140 43rd St
- Case # 199-23: Annual review for 901 74th St
- Case # 200-23: Annual review for 208 75th St
- Case # 201-23: Annual review for 901 76th St
- Case # 202-23: Annual review for 1702 76th St
- Case # 203-23: Annual review for 508 82nd St
- Case # 204-23: Annual review for 7404 Bergenline Ave
These cases represent a cross-section of the community’s rental landscape, from individual tenant complaints to broader annual reviews of multiple properties. The decisions made in these cases will have a significant impact on both landlords and tenants, highlighting the board’s role in balancing interests and maintaining fair rental practices.
The Rent Leveling Board’s meetings are open to the public, providing a transparent platform for community members to understand and participate in the decision-making process that affects local housing. The board also emphasizes the importance of community involvement and feedback in these matters.
The next meeting of the Rent Leveling Board is scheduled for December 18, 2023. Residents who are unable to attend the November meeting are encouraged to stay informed and engaged through subsequent meetings and township announcements.