With the Hoboken Public School District shifting to all remote learning today, one week earlier than had previously been announced due to a dramatic rise in COVID-19 cases, the City has announced that there is now a temporary suspension of school zone parking regulations through December 6.
A small benefit residents are getting during a pandemic, I guess. The suspension, however, is only for certain locations within the city.
Valid on-street parking permits are required to park in school zone parking, and street sweeping rules and regulations remain in effect throughout the City and for all school zones.
Regulations pertaining to school zones will be temporarily suspended at the following school zone locations adjacent to Brandt Elementary School, Connors Elementary School, Wallace Elementary School, Calabro Elementary School, Hoboken Middle School, and Hoboken High School:
- Clinton Street, 8th to 9th Street
- 9th Street, Grand Street to Clinton Street
- Grand Street, 9th Street to 8th Street
- 8th Street, Clinton Street to Grand Street
- Garden Street, between 9th Street and 8th Street
- 9th Street, Park Avenue to Garden Street
- Park Avenue between 8th Street and 9th Street
- Park Avenue between 5th Street and 6th Street
- 2nd Street, Madison Street to Monroe Street
- Monroe Street between 3rd Street and 2nd Street
- 4th Street, Bloomfield Street to Garden Street
- Garden Street, between 5th Street and 4th Street
- Bloomfield Street between 4th Street and 5th Street
- Willow Avenue between 12th Street and 11th Street
- 11th Street, Willow Avenue to Clinton Street
- Clinton Street between 11th Street and 12th Street
For a map of the above locations please click here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1O3c0mj3t-ytwQwWo_lrkCwKeGGboQqTj&usp=sharing
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.