Secaucus Police Chief Dennis miller has provided the following information on arrests made in town during the period from May 24 through May 30:
Secaucus Police Blotter: 05/24/2021-05/30/2021
- On 05/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, during a motor vehicle stop, Secaucus Police arrested a 32 year old female, Shyniece Baker of Newark, NJ for 5 outstanding warrants issued out of Newark, NJ in the amount of $3,000.00 along with 1 outstanding warrant issued out of Union, NJ in the amount of $89.00. Newark did release Ms. Baker on her own recognizance pending a future court date. Union did recall their outstanding warrant. Ms. Baker was issued 4 motor vehicle summonses and was released from police custody.
- On 05/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, Secaucus Police responded to Walmart located at 400 Park Plaza Drive on a report of a shoplifting. During the investigation, the police arrested a 20 year old female, Janilsa Fernandez of the Bronx, NY for Hindering Apprehension [2C:29-3B(4)]. Ms. Fernandez was served her complaint summons and was released from police custody.
- On 05/29/2021 at 1:29 AM, the Secaucus Police observed an individual walking on the property of the Sunoco Gas Station located at 249 Route 3 East. The police had knowledge that this individual was previously advised that he was not permitted on the property and if he returned he would faces charges of Trespassing. The police made contact with this individual, a 42 year old male, Milton Neal of Secaucus, NJ and he was arrested for Criminal Trespass [2C:18-3A] and Resisting Arrest [2C:29-2A(1)]. Mr. Neal was served his complaint summons and was released from police custody.
- On 05/29/2021 at 10:20 AM, during a motor vehicle stop, Secaucus Police arrested a 33-year-old male, Rafael Marrero-Nieves of Jersey City, NJ for 1 outstanding NCIC warrant issued out of Delaware County PA Sheriff’s Office with no bail. Mr. Marrero-Nieves was also charged with being a Fugitive from Justice [2A:160-10]. Mr. Marrero-Nieves was served his complaint warrant along with 5 motor vehicle summonses and was subsequently transported to the Hudson County Jail.
- On 05/30/2021 at 1:13 AM, Officer’s from the Marlboro Police Department responded to Secaucus Police Headquarters and transferred custody of a 34-year-old male, Usman Rana of Bayonne, NJ for 1 outstanding warrant issued out of Secaucus, NJ in the amount of $200.00. Mr. Rana was able to post bail for the involved warrant and was released from police custody.
These charges are merely accusations and the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.