Secaucus Police Chief Dennis Miller released the following details on the arrests made in town for the week of April 26:
Secaucus Police Blotter: 04/26/2021-05/02/2021
- On 04/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, during a motor vehicle stop, Secaucus Police arrested a 54 year old male, Ivan Quintana of Cliffside Park, NJ for 1 outstanding warrant issued out of North Bergen, NJ in the amount of $500.00. Mr. Quintana was able to post bail for the involved warrant, was issued 4 motor vehicle summonses and was released from police custody.
- On 04/09/2021, the Secaucus Police Department received information that a 45 year old male, now identified as Barry Sloben, engaged in a conversation with a girl who he believed was 15 years old via an internet based dating application. On the same date, Barry Sloben traveled to Walmart for purpose of meeting the 15 year old child with the purpose to engage in sexual relations with the child, although he was unsuccessful in that attempt. On 04/26/2021 at 8:26 PM, in furtherance of this investigation conducted by the Secaucus Police Department Detective Division, Mr. Barry Sloben, a 45 year old male of Piscataway, NJ, was placed under arrest at Secaucus Police Headquarters for Enticing a Child [2C:13-6A]. Mr. Sloben was served his complaint summons and was released from police custody.
- On 04/27/2021 at 12:27 AM, during a motor vehicle stop, Secaucus Police arrested a 24 year old male, Preston Mars of Jersey City, NJ for 1 outstanding NCIC warrant issued by the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office with no bail. Officer’s from the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office responded to Secaucus Police Headquarters and took custody of Mr. Mars for transport back to their agency. Mr. Mars was issued 4 motor vehicle summonses and was released into the custody of the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office.
- On 04/27/2021 at 8:45 AM, during a motor vehicle stop, Secaucus Police arrested a 40 year old male, Rasean Gosa of Jersey City, NJ for 1 outstanding warrant issued out of Jersey City, NJ with no bail and 1 outstanding warrant issued out of Newark, NJ in the amount of $150.00. Mr. Gosa was served 6 motor vehicle summonses and was subsequently transported to the Jersey City Police Department.
- On 05/02/2021 at 4:35 PM, Secaucus Police responded to Buchmuller Park located at 150 Plaza Centre Rd on a report of a suspicious individual. During the investigation, the police arrested a 47 year old male, Gabriel Gonzalez of Newark, NJ for 1 outstanding NCIC warrant issued by the Department of Corrections with no bail. Mr. Gonzalez was further charged with Possession of CDS believed to be Cocaine [2C:35-10A(1)], Possession of CDS believed to be Heroin [2C:35-10A(1)], Failure to turnover CDS believed to be Cocaine and Heroin to Law Enforcement [2C:35-10C] and Endangering the Welfare of a Child [2C:24-4A(2)]. Mr. Gonzalez was served his complaint warrant and was subsequently transported to the Hudson County Jail.
These charges are merely accusations and the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.