Last Monday was the filing deadline for candidates to run for the November 8th school board elections in New Jersey, the same day as the mid-term elections. With three seats up for grabs in Secaucus, two veteran school board trustees and one other incumbent decided not to file for re-election.
Jack McStowe, the current Board of Education President and Kathy Huber O’Connell, both veterans of the Board, as well as Jayesh Patel, have chosen not to run for re-election.
Five people did file as candidates, however. They are:
- Nicholas Mattiello, “Keep Moving Forward” slate
- Monica Berckes, “Keep Moving Forward” slate
- Christina DeBari, “For the Children” slate
- Alexander de Hombre, “For the Children” slate (unsuccessfully ran last year for Secaucus Board of Education)
- Kelli Ann Conroy D’Addetta, “For the Children” slate (a former Board of Education trustee)
Outgoing trustees McStowe, O’Connell and Patel have endorsed the “For the Children” slate in the November election.