The Walmart located at 400 Park Plaza Drive in Secaucus is currently closed.
When contacted by Hudson TV, Walmart spokesperson sent the following release:
Temp Store Closure Details: Secaucus, NJ – Supercenter
- Now more than ever before, customers are relying on Walmart for the essentials they need for their families, and our associates are doing heroic work serving their communities.
- New Jersey, and the surrounding area, is suffering from a high rate of coronavirus cases.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will temporarily close our store in Secaucus, NJ for one day – on Monday, April 20 – to allow extra time for a third-party specialist to further sanitize the store.
- It will also give our associates additional time to restock shelves and prepare the store to once again serve the community during this unprecedented time.
- We plan to reopen to all customers at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 21.
“Everything we’re doing is for the well-being of our associates and customers, and in consideration of guidance by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and health experts. When the store reopens on Tuesday, we will continue to conduct associate health screens and temperature checks, and all associates will be provided with facemasks and gloves. These protocols are in addition to the extensive measures we’ve put in place during the past few weeks to help protect our associates and customers, including installing sneeze guards at registers, limiting the number of customers in a store at any one time, one-way aisle shopping, placing social distancing signage, and enacting an emergency leave policy for associates who are unable or uncomfortable coming to work.
“We will continue working closely with health officials and adjusting how we serve the community, while also keeping the health and safety of our customers and associates in mind.”
Walmart COVID-19 Response Resources and Press Kit: https://corporate.walmart.com/here-for-you
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.