With COVID running high in Hudson County and New Jersey overall, the Weehawken School District’s Athletic Coordinator Brian Fisher has issued a number of guidelines for the 2022 winter sports season.
He outlined them in a letter addressed to parents and student athletes:
Dear Student-Athletes and Parents,
Due to the unfortunate spike in Covid cases recently, the following recommended guidelines set forth by the North Jersey Interscholastic Conference will be implemented for hosting home basketball and wrestling events:
- There will be two family members per participating athlete for each event.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the start time of the competition.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times while in the building.
- No food or drink are allowed in the gym.
- All spectators will need to clear the gym and building as soon as the competition is over.
- We have arranged for live streaming of home events. Competitions will be available for viewing on the WHSEvents YouTube channel, and updated information will be provided on Twitter (@WHSAthletics53) once available.
- For away events, many schools are still offering live streaming of their games. Some
may charge a fee for their live stream. We cannot control what other schools decide to do,
however, we will share the link via Twitter (@WHSAthletics53)
- Players not involved in play are required to wear face coverings.
- Sidelines will be limited to active participants and essential personnel.
- To the largest extent possible, social distancing will occur on the sidelines.
By following these protocols, we can help keep our coaches, players, officials, and community members safe. If you have any questions, please contact my office.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.