West Side Avenue in Jersey City to Get $1.7 Million Facelift

Photo Credit: Google Maps                                                                                                                                                                                                                    There’s good news to report regarding Jersey City’s West Side Avenue Improvement Project   More than $1.7 million in state funding through the Fiscal Year 2022 Municipal Aid Grants program that the Governor’s Office and the Department of Transportation (NJDOT) announced recently, will upgrade sidewalks, improve lighting and repave the street.

It’s all part of a $161.25 million, statewide, facelift in municipalities from Cape May to Sussex Counties.

“These funds are crucial to municipalities for the completion of projects that improve quality of life and safety for New Jersey residents,” Governor Phil Murphy said in a statement.  “Under our Administration’s leadership, the Transportation Trust Fund continues to bolster infrastructure statewide. I congratulate all municipalities that have received grants and look forward to them putting these dollars to use.”

The NJDOT awards 75 percent of the grant money up front when a town awards a contract. The rest of the funding, 25 percent, is given upon the completion of a project.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here