For the second time since January, Bayonne Police have arrested 24-year old Daouda H. Coulibaly of West 34th Street in Bayonne on charges of possessing a handgun and narcotics distribution. According to Police Captain Eric Amato, Coulibaly was taken into custody on Saturday afternoon at 3:27 in the area of 53rd Street and Broadway.
While conducting an investigation into the sale of narcotics by Coulibaly, police officers observed and spoke with him near East 53rd Street. During the investigation, Coulibaly attempted to flee on foot after being ordered by police to stop and remain until the investigation was complete.
As officers attempted to prevent Coulibaly from fleeing, Captain Amato says he repeatedly twisted his body and pulled away, and at one point, shoved an officer, causing her to fall to the ground. Other officers on the scene continued to gain control of Coulibaly as they ordered him to stop resisting arrest. Officers were ultimately able to take Coulibaly to the ground, but while on the ground, Coulibaly laid on his hands as he attempted to reach for an object concealed in his waistband.
That’s when Amato says officers were able to observe a black handgun in his waistband and take possession of it. Coulibaly continued to resist arrest, but officers were able to secure him in handcuffs without further incident. The arrest and search led to the recovery of narcotic paraphernalia, numerous vials of cocaine, a quantity of heroin, over $2000 in suspected proceeds of narcotic sales, and a defaced 9mm semi-automatic handgun equipped with a laser sight and a high capacity magazine. The magazine was found to be fully loaded with 9mm full metal jackets bullets.
During the arrest process, police learned that Coulibaly was classified as a certain person not to possess a weapon. He was also found to be wanted by the Hudson County Superior Court on an active warrant. He was additionally processed on that warrant.
In all, Coulibaly has been charged with the following:
- Aggravated assault on a police officer
- Obstruction of a governmental function
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of CDS (Cocaine)
- Possession of CDS (Heroin)
- Possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute
- Possession of heroin with the intent to distribute
- Possession of narcotic paraphernalia
- Possession of a large capacity magazine
- Unlawful possession of a handgun
- Possession of a handgun for an unlawful purpose
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a narcotic offense
- Possession of a defaced firearm
- Ceratin person not to possess a weapon
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.