Bayonne Police Captain Eric Amato reports that 33-year old Dejon J. Williams, a resident of John F. Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, has been arrested on charges of:
* Possession of CDS (Oxycodone)
* Possession CDS w/ Intent to Distribute
* Possession CDS w/ Intent to Distribute within 1000 feet of a School
* Possession CDS w/ Intent to Distribute within 500 feet of Public Housing
* Possession of Narcotic Paraphernalia
According to Captain Amato, Williams was taken into custody on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 9:11 pm from the area of 51st Street and Avenue C. Officers patrolling the area of West 51st Street observed a Nissan Rogue violating several traffic laws. Officers proceeded to conduct a motor vehicle stop and made contact with the driver, later identified as Williams.
While conducting their investigation, officers observed, in plain view, white powdery CDS inside the vehicle. As the officers furthered their investigation, they recovered CDS paraphernalia and CDS residue from inside the vehicle. The officers also recovered 80 pills of Oxycodone and $1,500 in cash, suspected to be narcotic distribution proceeds, from Williams’ person. He was ultimately charged with the above listed charges.