Mayor Davis has directed OEM to keep residents informed on all the latest information related to this health emergency.
Here are the latest stats:
NJ Residents Positive — 41,090
NJ Residents Negative — 47,942
Hudson County Residents Positive — 4,395
Bayonne Residents CURRENTLY Positive — 309*
• The number above reflects only the Bayonne residents that are CURRENTLY COVID-19 Positive. We have approximately 2 dozen residents that have RECOVERED and are no longer required to isolate or be reported. BMC has advised that approximately 50 residents have been released from their facility to recover at home. A large portion of the current residents that are COVID-19 Positive are recovering at home.
• Doctors at BMC have informed us they have been using hydroxychloroquine, and other therapies, on some patients. Although scientific data isn’t available, doctors state they have seen some success.
IF YOU CAN’T GET TESTED. AND HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19. ASSUME THAT YOU ARE POSITIVE AND FOLLOW SELF-ISOLATION AND TREATMENT ORDERS FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN
IMPORTANT Testing Information: NO ONE WILL BE TESTED AT ANY SITE UNLESS YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS. Regardless of testing location, we are not aware of ANY testing site that will perform a test unless you are symptomatic (includes at least fever and cough). If you have these symptoms and have not been tested, ASSUME THAT YOU ARE POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS and follow your doctor’s instructions on self-isolation and treatment.
Anyone that is currently ill and experiences a deterioration of symptoms, including difficulty breathing should call your physician or dial 9-1-1. Due to the limited number of tests available at any site, NO ONE WILL BE TESTED UNLESS YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS. Please do not contact Bayonne Office of Emergency Management for testing, as NNe do not have the ability to schedule anyone for testing.
TESTING OPTION: Do you need to be tested? You can call the Hudson County COVID-19 Testing Facility (Secaucus). You will be screened and given an appointment using a test on an asymptomatic person can give a false NEGATIVE, wasting that test kit. The numbers to call for the HC Testing Site are: 201-388-1097 or 646-862-1161. Keep in mind that anyone that is being tested, must be symptomatic.
BMC Testing at Veteran’s Memorial Stadium; BMC will continue testing tomorrow (loam-12pm) at Vet’s for patients of BMC physicians, Bayonne First Responders and Healthcare workers. BMC is actively seeking test kits to expand testing to patients of all doctors within Bayonne. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. VETERANS STADIUM WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DURING THESE HOURS.
Please go to www.covid19.nj.gov or dial 2-1-1 for information related to this Virus.
• THE STAY AT HOME DIRECTIVE IS STILL IN EFFECT THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY
• DO NOT GO OUT IF YOU ARE ILL
• IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS & NOT YET TESTED, ASSUME YOU ARE POSITIVE • ONLY GO OUT FOR ESSENTIAL ITEMS
• WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY/DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE
• IF YOU ARE OUT, AVOID CONGREGATING
• KEEP DISTANCES FROM ANYONE THAT ISN’T FAMILY
• STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST INFO ON APPROPRIATE GOV SITES • PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE POLICE DEPARTMENT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THE POST OFFICE, AS THEY HAVE DO NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION
• ENROLL IN SWIFT911 ALERT SYSTEM (bayonnenj.org or download Swfft911 Public App on your cellphone)