Photo Credit: Bayonne OEM
At 7 o’clock this evening, the Bayonne Office of Emergency Management tweeted the following information about a laundromat fire which broke out 90 minutes earlier:
At 5:28pm this evening, Bayonne Fire Department was dispatched to a report of fire inside the laundromat at 186 Ave F. Arriving units found a small dryer fire and extinguished it within minutes. All tenants of the building were temporarily evacuated but were allowed to return at approximately 6pm.
No injuries were reported and Chief Weaver states an investigation is underway, however, the fire appears accidental in nature.