He retired in 2020 following a 26-year career in law enforcement, culminating a Chief of Police in North Bergen. Now two years later, Robert Dowd is the new Business Administrator in the tiny Hudson County municipality of East Newark.
Dowd takes over from Kevin Catrambone who has a new job as special projects manager. Dowd’s role as Business Administrator is part time. He will earn $50,000. Dowd is also a member of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority.
Dowd was hired in January. Included among the projects he is familiarizing himself with in the Administration of Mayor Dina Grillo are:
- Reviewing East Newark’s resident parking program guidelines.
- What to do with the DPW garage? A consulting engineer’s report will detail the costs to repair several of the building’s walls. Fix it or sell the property?
- Vacant site owned by BASF near Clay Street Bridge. Will borough acquire it and transform it into a new park?
- Upgrading the recreation center on Central Avenue using a $300,000 county Open Space Trust Fund grant.
- Plans to redevelop the old Clark Thread factory on Passaic Avenue.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.