One of Hoboken’s longest-running and most popular events will be held today, Sunday, November 12th throughout the city. The Hoboken Art Walk and Artists’ Studio Tour takes play from 1 through 6 pm. The event gives you a behind the scenes look at many of the artist studios around the city; the actual places of artistic creation for many of Hoboken’s most talented individuals.
The Hoboken Art Walk & Studio Tour is a free, self-guided walking tour that offers participants a unique opportunity to explore 43 local galleries, artists’ studios, murals, and group art exhibition displays featuring work from over 100 artists.
“I am continually inspired by the extraordinary creativity that our local artists bring to our community,” said Mayor Bhalla. “The Hoboken Art Walk & Studio Tour is a unique opportunity to enjoy the vibrant cultural tapestry of our city and to get to know the local artists who help make it so vibrant.”
One of the best parts of the tour is that it features an enormous variety and range of artistic mediums. Depending on the number of galleries and studios you visit, you will get to see painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, multi-media work, ceramics, jewelry and more. In addition to the art on display, there will be live demonstrations, musical performances, and special receptions scheduled throughout the day.
A digital art map and tour directory are available online at www.hobokennj.gov/events/hoboken-fall-artists-studio-tour-2023.
There will be a limited number of printed directories and maps available at the following locations today:
- Hoboken City Hall, 94 Washington Street – from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. in front of City Hall.
- YES Gallery, 408 Sixth Street – from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hoboken Historical Museum, 1301 Hudson Street – from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Right Angle Picture Framing, 320 Washington Street – from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Right Angle Picture Framing, 1108 Washington Street – from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- David White’s Photography Studio, 830 Washington Street – from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Roig Collection Art Gallery, 252 First Street – from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Neumann Leathers Building, 333 Newark Street Lobby – from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 503 Social Club, 503 Third Street – from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Community Church of Hoboken, 600 Garden Street – from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.