Photo Credit: hobokenhappyhours.com Hoboken Mayor Ravi Bhalla and the City’s Office of Emergency Management today issued an Executive Order mandating that any establishment participating in this weekend’s bar crawls require their patrons to show proof of vaccination. The City released the following press release at 4 o’clock outlining the requirement:
Mayor Bhalla, Office of Emergency Management announce vaccine requirements for establishments participating in bar crawls on Saturday and Sunday
Today, Mayor Ravi S. Bhalla and Office of Emergency Management Coordinator Sgt. William Montanez signed an Executive Order mandating that any Hoboken bar or restaurant participating in a bar crawl must require attendees to show proof of vaccination in order to enter that establishment on Saturday, Dec. 18, and Sunday, Dec.19.
The vaccine mandate will be required for anyone 21 years of age and older. Individuals will be required to show they have received a full course of a CDC approved vaccine at least two weeks prior to Dec. 18.
The Office of Emergency Management will oversee compliance with the Executive Order and vaccine mandate, in order to protect the health and safety of participants and Hoboken residents. Any bar or establishment participating in a bar crawl in violation of the OEM Emergency Order may be subject to immediate closure, liquor license revocation or disciplinary suspension.
“If you’re not vaccinated, our message is simple: don’t bother participating in a bar crawl this weekend,” said Mayor Bhalla.
Additional information about the vaccine requirement:
- Proof of vaccination will be required for indoor entry to the establishments participating in a bar crawl this Saturday and Sunday
- Those who are fully vaccinated are two weeks removed from a two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, utilizing the CDC guidelines
- Staff at the bar or restaurant participating in a bar crawl will be required to ensure any patron entering the indoor establishment provides proof of full vaccination
- Any individual without proof of vaccination must be denied entry by the establishment’s staff
- Acceptable proof of vaccination must state individual’s first and last name and includes a CDC vaccination card, the Dockett mobile app, New York City COVID Safe App, and Excelsior Pass
- Proof of identification must be required and must match the name listed on the vaccination card or applicable app.
- The vaccine mandate for bars will be in effect for the entirety of Saturday, December 18 and will end at 6 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 19.
Any additional bar or restaurant not subject to the Executive Order is encouraged by the Office of Emergency Management to institute a vaccine requirement for entry this weekend.
Bar crawl events are not provided a permit and are not a sanctioned event through the City of Hoboken.
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.