Photo Credit: fox6now.com In the aftermath of Sunday morning’s deadly, five-alarm fire in a 19-story, Bronx apartment building, hospitals are desperately trying to save the lives of more than a dozen people who were critically injured by smoke in the blaze that killed 19 people. Among those who died, nine are children.
Approximately 200 firefighters battled the massive inferno which began in a duplex apartment on the third floor of Twin Parks North West located at 333 East 181 Street in the Tremont section of the Bronx. The fire, the worst in New York city in three decades, began just before 11 a.m. Sunday.
At least 44 people were injured overall, with many intubated in area hospitals.
Many of the victims are Muslim immigrants who came to the United States from Gambia, a nation in western Africa.
According to FDNY Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro, the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning, electric space heater, plugged in to give extra heat on a cold morning.
In an effort to prevent such a tragedy in his city, Bayonne Fire Chief Keith Weaver posted the following message on social media late last night:
HUDSON TV CONTEST READ BELOW
EARN $$$ WITH YOUR PHOTOS OR VIDEOS
Once a month, Starting Jan 1st, 2022, We will be giving away up to $300.00 dollars for photos or videos of breaking news that get the most engagement on our Social Media pages.
To Participate, Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and photos or videos of breaking news with a brief description of the location and time taken.
Please note the following:
- You must own the content.
- Photos or Videos published on social media pages or any other news outlets, DO NOT qualify.
Good luck to All.