KEARNY RESIDENTS ONLY
Kearny Health Department, Mayor Alberto G. Santos & Council announce availability of telephone appointments for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccinations for residents 55 years and older and persons 18-54 with high risk factors.* Also Including:
- Paid and unpaid healthcare workers
- Residents and workers of long-term care and high-risk congregate care facilities
- First responders including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
- Individuals aged over 55
- Individuals aged 18-54 that have certain medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus
- Pre-K to 12 educators and staff
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Public and local transportation workers, including bus, taxi, rideshare, and airport employees; NJ TRANSIT workers; and Motor Vehicle Commission staff;
- Public safety workers who are not sworn law enforcement or fire professionals, including probation officers and fire safety inspectors;
- Migrant farm workers;
- Members of tribal communities;
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters, including domestic violence shelters.
- Food production, agriculture, and food distribution;
- Eldercare and support;
- Warehousing and logistics;
- Social services support staff;
- Elections personnel;
- Medical supply chain;
- Postal and shipping services;
- Clergy; and,
- Judicial system.
- Communications, IT, media, including communications infrastructure support (engineers, technicians) and members of the press
- Laundry services, including workers in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners
- Real estate, building, and home services, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers
- Retail financial institutions, including bank tellers, lending service, public accounting, and check cashing workers.
- Sanitation, including workers providing disinfection and janitorial services for all essential facilities and modes of transportation; city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal.
- Utilities, including electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber optical/broadband/cellular service workers
- Higher Education, including educators and support staff
- Librarians, including librarians and support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries (i.e. those not included in K-12 announcement
In addition, individuals with the following conditions that might be at increased risk for severe illness from the virus are eligible:
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2, but < 30 kg/m2)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Note: Individuals who are in an immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines are also eligible but should follow CDC guidance and first discuss vaccination with their medical provider before receiving the vaccine.
Individuals 16 and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities (Pfizer clinics only):
- Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas.
This clinic is for the FIRST initial vaccination ONLY. An additional SECOND dose vaccination date will be specifically reserved for you at the same clinic and appointment time 28 days after you attend this clinic.
Date/Time: Saturday, April 17th, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Kearny High School Cafeteria/King Street Entrance
To accommodate Kearny residents with challenges accessing the internet or web, we have set-up a specific phone number for registration:
201-997-0600 Ext. 3500, Ext. 3505, Ext 3509 (Do not leave voicemail)
Use the following link to schedule a time:
Proof of residency required.
Masks or face coverings and social distancing required.
*Individuals at High Risk are defined as individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include: Cancer, Chronic kidney disease, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Down Syndrome, Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies, Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2), Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2), Sickle cell disease, Smoking, Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Individuals who are pregnant and those in an immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant are also eligible but should follow CDC guidance and first discuss vaccination with their medical provider before receiving the vaccine. Source: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/slowing-the-spread/who-is-eligible-for-vaccination-in-new-jersey-who-is-included-in-the-vaccination-phases
Kearny residents that cannot access the Town of Kearny COVID-19 registration site for scheduling:The Kearny Health Department staff is on standby for your calls during the open registration period. Please understand that, while registration is ongoing, we will be receiving a very high volume of calls. If your call is not answered, please re-dial. The phone system does not have a call waiting queue. We can only accept registration calls during the time the COVID-19 registration is live and has available appointments. Do not leave voice mail. If all the time slots have been filled, you will have to call back when the registration system reopens with availability. Unfortunately, we cannot take names or numbers or put you on a waitlist. Registration will be attempted at the time you call based on the remaining time slots available.
Do you have a news-tip or want to share a story with us? Please Fill out the following form. Anonymous tips are also welcome.