Tuesday, October 12, is the last day for residents to register to vote for the Tuesday, November 2, General Election in the State of New Jersey. In order to be eligible to vote, a person must be an American Citizen, be 18 years old on or before Nov.ember 2, and be a resident of New Jersey.
Residents can now register to vote online at https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/register. They will need a New Jersey driver’s license or a social security number to get started.
Unlike last year during the COVID pandemic when Governor Phil Murphy forced voters to only vote by mail, New Jersey residents have many more options this year, You can vote early by machine from October 23 to 31; you can vote at your regular polling place on NovElection Day, November 2 or you may vote by mail.
You can download the Voter Registration Application below:
- English: https://nj.gov/state/elections/assets/pdf/forms-voter-registration/68-voter-registration-english-hudson.pd
- Spanish: https://nj.gov/state/elections/assets/pdf/forms-voter-registration/68-voter-registration-espanol-hudson.pdf
The voter registration forms can be mailed to the Office of the Superintendent of Elections, 257 Cornelison Ave., 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302.
To check if you are registered to vote, go to https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check.
The early voter locations in Hudson County are at the following locations:
- Bayonne City Hall 630 Ave C. (Council Chambers) Bayonne, NJ 07002
- Hoboken City Hall 94 Washington St. (1st Floor Conference Room) – Newark St. entrance
- Jersey City Pershing Field Community center 816 summit Ave Jersey City. NJ 07307
- Jersey City City Hall 280 Grove St. (Ground Floor Council Caucus Room)
- Jersey City Hank Gallo Community center Lincoln Park Jersey City
- Jersey City Moose Lodge 60 West Side Ave jersey City. NJ 07305
- Union City Mobile Trailers New York ave (between 27th & 28th St.) Union City, NJ 07087
- Kearny Town Hall 402 Kearny Ave. (1st Floor records room) (Use Kearny Ave Handicap Ent)
- West New York Sunshine Gardens Community Room 515 – 54th St. West New York 07093
- North Bergen, NJ North Bergen Town Hall 4233 Kennedy Blvd. (City Council chambers – Side Entrance)
Hours for all are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.